STUDIO FIAT | 2016 FIAT ABARTH CABRIO
Starting price: $26,495
If you crave pure driving excitement, the unmistakable feeling of being at one with the world even as you tear through it at high velocity, the FIAT® 500 Abarth Cabrio is engineered to satisfy your adrenaline-addicted needs. With all the track-ready power and finesse of its hard-top sibling, it features an elegant cloth soft top in Nero (Black) or Grigio (Grey) to open the well-appointed cockpit to the world – and to endless possibility.
For most of a century, the Abarth® name has been synonymous with race-winning engineering. This legendary performance brand holds 10 world records and
133 international titles, and has earned over 10,000 race victories – together with the scorpion marque, it represents the work of a man whose credo "Go faster than yesterday" inspires us to this day.
The aggressive profile of the 2015 FIAT® 500 Abarth® matches its track-hungry performance. The unique front fascia features twin intercooler intakes, while the rear fascia features a specially designed diffuser and dual bright exhaust tips. Available contrasting mirror caps and bodyside stripe let you show off your racing colours.
THE SCORPION'S LIAR
The race-inspired interior of the FIAT® 500 Abarth® reflects an obsession with performance. Every aspect has been meticulously designed to maximize comfort and control, from the bucket seats with harness pass-through and wraparound side bolsters to the leather-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel. New for 2015, the Abarth gets a 7-inch customizable in-cluster display that puts vital vehicle data like speed, fuel economy and audio settings front and centre.
To minimize distractions while you're gripping the leather-wrapped steering wheel, the FIAT®500 Abarth® comes with standard Blue&MeTM hands-free communication8 with Bluetooth® streaming audio for control of the audio system and your phone. Availablevoice activated TomTom® Navigation10 will keep you on the right route while you stay focused on the road ahead.
MOVE TO THE BEATS
For those who demand the kind of performance from their audio equipment that Karl Abarth demanded of his vehicles, we offer the available BeatsAudioTM Premium Sound System. This studio-quality audio package features 6 speakers plus subwoofer and an 8-channel, 368-watt amplifier with proprietary digital sound processing for pristine, high-definition sound.
THE SKY IS THE LIMIT
There is an undeniable feeling of freedom that begins the moment you open up the top of the FIAT® 500 Abarth® Cabrio. The retractable soft top features multiple positions so you can put it on sunroof duty or go topless, depending on your mood. It can be operated at speeds of up to 95 km/h and comes in your choice of Nero (Black) or Grigio (Grey).
THE NEW LOOK OF FUEL EFFICIENCY
The way fuel efficiency ratings are calculated for all makes of 2015 model year cars and light trucks has changed. The federal government has implemented a new 5-cycle test method to replace the 2-cycle method. It now takes into account air conditioner usage, cold temperature operation, and higher-speed driving with more rapid braking and acceleration for more realistic fuel efficiency numbers. While the new fuel efficiency ratings are lower, actual fuel efficiency has not changed – just the way it is calculated.
1.4 MULTIAIR I-4 TURBO ENGINE
The award-winning MultiAir® engine uses an electronically controlled hydraulic system to maximize efficiency with every stroke. Twin intercoolers provide cool, higher-density air to feed the turbocharger, and the Abarth®-designed intake system with high-flow air filter and redesigned air box allows for maximum power and low induction noise. The result is up to 160 horsepower, 170 lb-ft of torque and endlessly thrilling performance.
Every powertrain component is engineered to deliver on the MultiAir® engine’s turbocharged, track-ready promise. Standard is a heavy-duty 5-speed manual transmission geared to offer quick acceleration and impressive top speed without sacrificing outstanding fuel efficiency. New for 2015, the Abarth® is available with a 6-speed AISIN® automatic transmission for drivers looking for added convenience.
Throughout the FIAT® 500 Abarth®, precision-engineered components work together to maximize on-road performance. Dual-valve Frequency Selective Damping (FSD) KONI®front shock absorbers deliver maximum grip, while stiffer spring rates front and rear along with a 0.6-inch (15 mm) lower ride height improve handling and minimize body roll.
TORQUE TRANSFER CONTROL
The Abarth® Torque Transfer Control (TTC) system automatically distributes engine torque between the front wheels to minimize understeer and maximize traction for world-class performance and superb handling. In Sport mode, TTC automatically adjusts the degree of differential locking in response to dynamic factors such as vehicle speed for world-class performance and improved at-the-limit handling.
TURBO BOOST GAUGE
The FIAT® 500 Abarth® features an exclusive analogue turbo boost gauge so you always know how the turbocharger is performing. As you accelerate, the turbo PSI is displayed in real time so you know exactly when you’re hitting peak performance.
SAFETY & SECURITY
Passenger safety is of utmost importance both on the track and in everyday driving. That's why you'll find a host of advanced safety features like 7 standard air bags6, Electronic Stability Control7, antilock brakes and more in the FIAT® 500 Abarth.
STATE OF THE ART SAFETY TECHNOLOGY
Several advanced safety systems help ensure your FIAT® 500 Abarth is always moving in the right direction. Three-mode Electronic Stability Control7 helps maintain directional control, while all-speed traction control limits wheel spin for maximum traction. Hill Start Assist helps prevent rollback when starting by sustaining brake pressure briefly after you take your foot off the pedal.
To provide stopping power with proportionate response and finesse, the FIAT® 500 Abarth features a high-performance brake system with semi-metallic brake linings at all 4 corners. Larger 11.1-inch ventilated rotors (up from 10.1-inch) provide greater stopping power. Both front and rear brake calipers are lacquered in Rosso (Red) paint for an athletic, track-ready appearance.
SEVEN STANDARD AIRBAGS
Seven standard air bags6 provide occupants with outstanding protection in the event of a crash: advanced multistage driver and front-passenger air bags, a driver's knee-blocker air bag, front-seat-mounted side air bags and side-curtain air bags, which extend protection to passengers in all rows.
TAKE THE 2016 FIAT ABARTH CABRIO FOR A SPIN!
Tuesday - Saturday | 10am - 6pm
Sunday & Monday | Closed
- 1.4L MultiAir® turbocharged twin intercooled engine
- 5-speed heavy-duty manual transmission delivering 160 hp and 170 lb-ft of torque
- Available 6-speed heavy-duty automatic transmission delivering 157 hp and 183 lb-ft of torque
- Performance 4 wheel disc antilock brake system
- Abarth-tuned Torque Transfer Control (TTC)
- Performance-tuned suspension
- 3.35 Final drive ratio
- 7-inch customizable in-cluster display
- Power windows, front one-touch down
- Power locks
- Leather-wrapped instrument panel cluster and shift knob
- Driver and front passenger's seat with memory return
- Driver's seat height adjuster
- High-back performance cloth bucket seats with racing harness pass-through
- Perforated leather-wrapped flat bottom steering wheel with audio and cruise controls
- Abarth-designed aluminum pedal covers
- Turbo boost gauge
- Air conditioning with micron filter
- Two front cupholders, two rear floor-mounted cupholders
- Rearview day/night mirror
- Tilt steering column
- Media Hub with USB and auxiliary input jack
- 12V power outlet in centre console
- USB charging port in the glove box
- Rear 50/50 split-folding seats
- Passenger armrest
- Rear cargo shelf panel
- Sun visors with vanity mirror
- Luxury front floor mats
- Overhead passenger assist handle
- Available Premium Leather-Faced Seats
- Available Heated Front Seats
- Available Automatic Temperature Control
- Power retractable soft top
- Bi-functional halogen projector headlamps
- Body-colour power, heated mirrors, manual folding
- Aspheric driver exterior mirror
- Black headlamp, taillamp and parking lamp treatment
- Abarth exterior badging
- Abarth front and rear fascia and sill cladding
- 16-inch cast aluminum wheels with Grey painted pockets
- 195/45R16XL four-season Pirelli tires
- Red brake calipers
- Dual bright exhaust system
- Fog lamps
- Chrome door handles
- Tinted windshield and windows
- Available Rosso, Nero, Bianco, or Grigio mirror cap and bodyside stripe
- Available 16-inch Hyper Black Aluminum Wheels
- Available 17-inch Forged Aluminum Hyper Black Wheels
- Available 17-inch Forged Aluminum Gloss White Wheels
- Rear Park Assist
- Three-mode Electronic Stability Control7 with 'Full Off' capability
- Hill Start Assist
- Brake Assist
- Performance four-wheel disc antilock brakes
- Tire pressure monitoring display
- Advanced multistage front, supplemental side-curtain, supplemental front-seat-mounted side, and driver's knee-blocker air bags6
- Security alarm
- Remote keyless entry
- Child seat anchor system (LATCH)
- Engine block heater
- Sentry Key® antitheft engine immobilizer
- Alpine® premium audio system
- Blue&MeTM hands-free communication8
- Available SiriusXM satellite radio with one-year subscription9
- Available TomTom® navigation10
- Available BeatsAudioTM Premium Sound System